School Safe Zones
MAKE YOUR SCHOOL AN ER24 SAFE ZONE
When accidents happen you need realhelprealfast, that’s why ER24 offers a dedicated service designed to meet the emergency and safety needs of primary schools and their learners throughout South Africa.
YOUR ER24 SAFE ZONE INCLUDES:
24-Hour Emergency Medical Assistance:
- 24-Hour emergency medical response and stabilisation**
- Emergency medical transportation to the closest appropriate hospital while at school, commuting to and from school, as well as during school excursions (only if medically justified) **
- Guaranteed hospital payment for emergency stabilisation at a medical facility’s emergency centre valued at R5 000 **
- 24-Hour medical helpline
- Repatriation of mortal remains valued at R5 000**
**Within the borders of the Republic of South Africa
24-Hour Support Services:
- Telephonic medical emergency assistance to guide you through CPR/ First Aid
- 24-Hour ‘ask the nurse’ assistance helpline
- Our 24-hour helpline, 084 124, which can advise learners on:
- Peer pressure
- Academic pressure
- Eating disorders
- Substance abuse
- Social adjustment
- Emotional trauma
- Family pressure
- Sexual abuse
- Domestic violence
- Face-to-face counselling for learners within the borders of the Republic of South Africa valued at R5 000 per school per annum
- Medical support at school events such as sports matches valued at R4 000 per school per annum
- First Aid Level 1 training for 1 member per annum
- Annual emergency mock drill on the school’s premises
- Annual CPR and ambulance demonstration
- ER24 representatives to discuss health and safety matters with the school
- An annual welcome pack including posters and stickers for the school
- An ER24 Scholar Care membership card per learner
Terms and conditions:
- This is a policy of last resorts; if medical aid or any other alternate payment method be available then bills will be submitted to that insurer.
- Transportation to a medical facility will only be provided on the basis of a medical emergency as deemed by ER24’s Chief Medical Officer.
- The guarantee of payment cover can only be utilised if transported by ER24.
- The guarantee of payment cover limited to one GOP per member per annum.
- First aid training will be facilitated at an ER24 centre, subject to availability. Accommodation and transportation is for the client’s own account.
- Booking of events standby or mock drill and demonstrations must be booked with ER24 two weeks in advance.