Summer Safety Competition Rules
Competition Rules to stand a chance of winning one of ER24’s Summer of Safety Campaign Prizes.
Welcome to our Summer of Safety Campaign competition undertaken by ER24 (Pty) Ltd (Registration Number: 2000/005657/07). These are the official rules of the competition. These rules (together with any official competition communications) will govern and apply to the competition. Please take a moment to review these rules. By your participation, you agree that these rules will govern all aspects of your relationship with the ER24’s Summer of Safety Campaign and competition-related agents, and the Promoter. These rules can only be modified (or superseded) by ER24 (in its reasonable discretion) in a written revision to these rules posted on the competition website or (at ER24's sole discretion) any other potential official competition communication methods reasonably calculated to reach a majority of potential participants.
- The competition is conducted by ER24.
- No person who is a director, employee, sponsor or agent of or consultant to ER24 and the prize affiliates, or who is a spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner, or associate to a director, employee or agent of or consultant to ER24 and the prize affiliates are eligible to participate or enter this competition.
- This competition is only open to legal residents of the Republic of South Africa and in specific provinces where specified.
1. The Summer of Safety Campaign Competition runs from 15 November 2019 until 31 January 2020. No late entries will be accepted.
2. Each prize will have its own duration period within the competition for which participants will be eligible to enter for; no late or early entries will be accepted. Participants are only allowed to enter the prize they are interested in during its run time in the overall competition.First Aid Training Course: 26 November 2019 - 06 December 2019
- Advanced Driving Course: 17 December 2019 - 27 December 2019
- First Aid Kit: 07 January 2019 - 17 January 2020
- Bluetooth Earpods: 21 January 2020 - 30 January 2020
3. To enter the competition, participants need to follow the steps below:
- Make sure to follow ER24 on Instagram.
- Share the post to your (participant) Instagram Stories.
- Tag @er24ems and hashtag #RealHelpRealFast and #ER24SOS in your (participant) Instagram story.
4. A person may enter as many times as they like.
5. The winner will be randomly chosen via a certified method of selection.
6. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost or delayed due to technical difficulties.
7. Entries that followed the required steps for participation within the valid prize duration in the competition will be treated as the only validation source and will be the only evidence of successful entries.
Entries must be received by ER24 no later than:
- First Aid Training Course: 10h00 on 06 December 2019
- Advanced Driving Course: 10h00 on 27 December 2019
- First Aid Kit: 10h00 on 17 January 2020
- Bluetooth Earpods: 10h00 on 30 January 2020
1. The prizes will consist of:
- Advanced Driving Course, valued at R5 680.00
- First Aid Kit Hamper, valued at R1 570.90
- First Aid Training Course, valued at R1 850.00
- Bluetooth Earpods, valued at R999.00
2. The prizes will be provided as such:
- First Aid Training Course: Course will be booked according to winner availability within the year 2020
- Advanced Driving Course: Course will be booked according to winner availability within the year 2020
- First Aid Kit: Prize will be delivered to winner within 7 days of address confirmation
- Bluetooth Earpods: Prize will be delivered to winner within 7 days of address confirmation
3. The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
4. In the event of the ER24 not being able to contact the finalists, ER24 reserves the right to draw again.
5. ER24 reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the original prize is unavailable.
6. ER24 is not responsible for any damaged prize items after signature of receipt or missed booking after course date is confirmed.
7. The prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions that the prize winner must comply with.
Prize winner selection
1. The prize winner will be the first entry drawn by lot or chance by the judges.
2. The prize winners will be notified by telephone / e-mail/ Instagram Messaging, and the prize winners’ names will be published on the competition websites, https://www.er24.co.za/summersafety and https://www.instagram.com/er24ems/ within 7 calendar days of the prizes being drawn.
3. Prize winners may be requested to participate in publicity connected to this competition. The prize winners grant permission for the use of their names and photographs in any advertising and promotional material for this competition.
4. Participants and winner(s) absolve ER24, its affiliates, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers, nominated agents and dealers from liability from any and all claims howsoever arising, including from wilful misconduct or negligent acts or omissions on the part of any such person.
5. ER24 reserves the right to alter or cancel the competition at its discretion, without recourse.
1. The participant unconditionally and irrevocably indemnifies and holds harmless ER24 and its successors, employees, officers, suppliers, contractors, agents, consultants, directors and shareholders against all and any losses, claims, proceedings, actions, damages, (direct, consequential or otherwise), liability, demands, expenses, legal costs (on an attorney and own client basis), medical costs or other costs howsoever arising out of, based upon, or in connection with (directly or indirectly) the participants participation in the competition, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
2. If a participant contravenes these rules, the participant may, in ER24’s discretion, be disqualified from the competition.
3. The judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. Income taxes relating to the prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winners.
5. The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern this competition.
6. ER24 reserves the right to cancel or alter any aspect of the competition at any time at its sole discretion without liability.
7. Participants in the competition understand and agree that in order to offer the competition; ER24 must collect and use personal information about participants. This competition is conducted under the terms of applicable privacy statements, and the participants provide their informed consent in this regard when opting to take part in the competition.
These terms and conditions are subject to change according to the ER24’s discretion.