Medico-Legal Documentation & Ethics
Patient medical documents (Medico-Legal documents) may be made available only upon receiving explicit permission from the patient, their legal guardian, power of attorney or upon order of a court and legal investigations.
Document requests, as well as supporting documentation, must be sent through to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ETHICS ARE MORAL PRINCIPLES WITHIN THE HEALTHCARE FIELD. THERE ARE STANDARDS WHICH MUST BE MET AND MAINTAINED WITH REGARD TO ETHICS.
This includes the following instances:
- Incidents involving fraud
- Incidents involving victimisation
- Incidents involving racism
- Incidents involving sexual harassment
- Any breach of the National Patients’ Rights Charter
- Unauthorised research
- A practitioner practising out of scope or without a valid registration
- Criminal or illegal activities
Deloitte operates the ER24 Ethics Line. Information regarding each logged incident is captured on Deloitte’s system and escalated to a designated team for assessment and investigation.
Logging an incident through the Ethics Line may be done anonymously. The complainant should state he or she wishes to remain anonymous. However, contact information is captured should the investigator require more information.
WHEN TO CALL CUSTOMER SERVICES
ER24 Customer Services Compliments, Queries and Complaints Department should be contacted for day-to-day queries. Incidents not meeting the Ethics Line criteria will be transferred to the department automatically.
- General billing, claims, financial queries and complaints
- Requests for documentation, standard and medico-legal
- Queries or complaints regarding day-to-day operations
ETHICS LINE TOLL-FREE NUMBER: 0800 005 316
(Toll Free) 0800 003 313
(MTC Users) 081 918 47
(Callback Option) +27 11 929 3334